HOME     SITUATION VILLAGE LIFE LEISURE CONTACT US

HISTORY


The Lompnaz referred to in the records of 1150 was originally under the influence of the Dauphine, along the disputed frontier with the territory of the Count of Savoy established in the valley of Saint-Rambert. In 1336, the dauphine made several séjours to his lands of "Lonas" which is perhaps what led to the presence of the Olifant de Portes.

In 1337, mention is made of a walled town called Lonas, which was at the centre of negotiations between the Dauphinois and the Savoyards. In 1358, this town was destroyed along with the that adjoining it: Bellidivisum (now known as Beaudevy). The inhabitants were then granted the right to settle at Lompnaz by the Count of Savoie, along with the right to uphold their privileges.

In 1400, Lompnaz was surrendered by Amédée VIII to Aymard of Groslée, together with the lordship of Lhuis. Its destiny since then has followed that of this fiefdom, lifted to the title of barony and annexed, in 1580, to the earldom erected for the house of Groslée by Emmanuel-Philibert of Savoie.

{short description of image}



Back




© 2003-2005 W3Informatique



site created by: InfoService

Related Links:

Togel178

Pedetogel

Sabatoto

Togel279

Togel158

Colok178

Novaslot88

Lain-Lain

Partner Links